This neutral-themed two-paged homescreen is defined by its four large tiles on each screen, allowing you to open popular apps. The screen is completed by a serene picture at the top, behind a unique clock that also displays the battery level. All of these are defined by warm browns and down-to-earth blues.
Part 1: Applying Apex Launcher Settings
Before you start, you will need to download the zip file at the bottom of this page, extract it, then copy it to your phone. It includes the wallpaper and UCCW skins.
Here’s how you should set up the launcher:
- Set ‘portrait grid’ to 9×7
- Manage screens should be changed so that there are only 2 screens,
- ‘Wallpaper mode’ should be Mutliple Screen (scrolling) and ‘Hide notification bar’ should be ticked.
- Change your Dock Settings by scrolling down and selecting ‘Hide Dock’.
- Go into advanced settings, and select ‘Overlapping Widgets’.
- Change your wallpaper to the one provided in the link at the bottom
Part 2: Adding the wallpaper
For a Galaxy S2
Simply use QuickPic (an alternative gallery app) to choose the combined wallpaper, make sure the crop box takes up the whole wallpaper.
For any other phone that’s not a Galaxy S2
You’ll need MultiPicture Live Wallpaper for this, start at your homescreen,
- Menu – Wallpapers – Live Wallpaper – Multipicture Live Wallpaper.
- Settings – Add individual settings – Add 1 then 2.
- Then change screen 1 settings – Picture source – Single Picture – Add Screen 1 wall, then repeat for screen 2.
- Remember to change Crop/Resize Ratio to – Fit to Fullscreen if you need to.
- Change transition type if desired.
- Go Back – Set wallpaper.
If you have more than 2 screens in MPLW
You will need to wipe MPLW’s data, but don’t worry it’s harmless, to do this go:
System Settings – Apps – All – MultiPicture Live Wallpaper – Clear Data
Part 3: Adding in the UCCW widgets (Tile icons and the clock)
You’ll need UCCW for this part, as well as copying the skins that are provided in the link at the bottom to your phone.
To add these skins:
- Hold down on the homescreen – Widget – UCCW – any size.
- In the main menu after tapping the widget, select “Open uzip”, now just find where you pasted the folder and look for the tiled1.uzip.
- After it appears on your homesreen, resize it to the way it looks in the video.
- You can now edit the hotspots (allows you to open apps when tapping a certain area) in this skin, by tapping the skin to open it.
- Then select ‘Hotspots’ in ‘Select Object’, if you would like to know more about hotspots, watch part 3 in our UCCW tutorial here.
- Next add in tiled2.uzip for the second screen, also changing its hotspots.
- Now add in the clock for both screens.
- Finally tap any UCCW skin, Menu – Hotspots Mode – On.