This unique grey homescreen with its glowing icons is definitely something that you don’t see everyday. This homescreen has 3 pages (home, reader and weather), each providing different but useful information.
Part 1: Before you begin
Part 2: SSLauncher Setup
Now you can do this with either Nova/Apex or Holo Launcher, but it is a lot easier with SS Launcher. Also this screen was designed for the paid version (The Original) as some parts and options can’t be chosen with the free version.
1. Drag all the widgets into the ‘trash bin’ at the top.
2. Go into the Menu – Preferences.
3. Enable Full Screen, Disable Scroll Wallpaper, Go back
4. Go into Menu – Theme.
5. Speed – 100, Type – Fading, Apply Changes
6. Go into Menu – Theme – Label.
7. Enable Hide Labels, Apply Changes.
1. Go into the Menu – Add New Page.
2. Add 2 pages (Weather & RSS) (make sure they are cover pages)
3. Drag them so that they underneath the Home page.
Part 3: Wallpaper Setup
1. In your Menu, find the Homescreen, select the ‘Image’ icon.
2. Select ‘Add an Image”, find the dghome.jpg, select the image once it appears on the ‘images area’.
3. Repeat for weather & reader, then go back onto your homescreen.
4. Hold down on your homescreen – Wallpaper – Find the grey blank wallpaper.
Part 4: Icon Setup
These are the bottom glowing icons: Home, Weather, Reader and Weather:
1. Hold down on the homescreen – New Shortcut
2. Style – select the image that has no background.
3. Icon – Icon – Add in image – repeat process like adding the wallpapers above, but now select home.png in your Icons folder, Apply Settings.
4. Type – Page, Target – Home, Apply Settings.
5. Resize and position the icon as desired.
6. Do this for the weather, reader and app icon, changing the icon and page for each.
7. Hold down on the home icon – Copy, go to each page, hold down on the homescreen – paste, then resize and position accordingly.
8. Repeat for the reader, weather and app icons.
Part 5: UCCW
To add the skins:
- Hold down on the homescreen – New Widget – UCCW – any size.
- In the main menu after tapping the widget, select “Open uzip”, now just find where you pasted the folder and look for the skin you want to add.
- After it appears on your homesreen, resize it to the way it looks in the video.
- Add all the .uzips provided.
- Hold down on the skin, then tap the skin, this will allow for complete resizing and moving of the skin.
- You might have to re-position the skin’s objects, see the link below for more info on moving objects as well as general UCCW tips.
Remember to turn Hotspots mode ON to prevent opening the editor each time.
Part 6: Minimal Reader Pro
Once added (any size, scrolling option require Pro version), select the options menu to configure the widget.
1. 1st Menu – Add your feeds
2. 2nd Menu – Disable Thumbnails on widget
3. 3rd Menu – Widget Header (transparent), Widget Background (transparent), and change the other colors accordingly.
Remember to disable swiping in your SS Launcher preferences if you want.