This amazing setup is for anyone wanting a calm serene homescreen. Not only does it have a peaceful background of green leaves but on the sides it has easy to get to shortcuts and then bottom it is filled with useful information.
Part 1: Before you begin
Part 2: SS Launcher Setup
Now you can do this with either Nova/Apex or Holo Launcher, but it is a lot easier with SS Launcher. Also this screen was designed for the paid version (The Original) as some parts and options can’t be chosen with the free version.
1. Drag all the widgets into the ‘trash bin’ at the top.
2. Go into the Menu – Preferences.
3. Enable Full Screen, Disable Scroll Wallpaper, Go back
4. Go into Menu – Theme.
5. Speed – 100, Type – Fading, Apply Changes
6. Go into Menu – Theme – Label.
7. Enable Hide Labels, Apply Changes.
Part 3: Wallpaper Setup
1. Hold down on your homescreen – Wallpaper – Select the one provided with icons & text.
2. Go into the SSLauncher menu – Select the ‘image’ icon under the Applications page – Select the wallpaper that’s blank. Do this for other screens if required.
Note: If your wallpaper doesn’t fit 100% as seen in the video, use Photo Editor (app) to resize your wallpaper, as well as Wallpaper Wizardrii or Image 2 Wallpaper to make it fit correctly. A PSD is also provided so Photoshop or GIMP can also be used.
Part 4: Icon Setup
1. Hold down on the homescreen – New Shortcut
2. Style – select the image that has no background.
3. Icon – Icon – Add in image – repeat process like adding the wallpapers above, but now select the blank.png, Apply Settings.
4. Resize and position the icon as desired.
5. Hold down on the icon – Copy, then hold down to another area on the screen – paste.
6. Repeat for all shortcut areas.
8. Now hold down on each icon – Edit – Target – Select your desired app.
9. Repeat for all the shortcuts, for the app drawer icon, change Type to Page and Target to Applications.
Part 5: UCCW
To add the skins:
- Hold down on the homescreen – New Widget – UCCW – any size.
- In the main menu after tapping the widget, select “Open uzip”, now just find where you pasted the folder and look for the skin you want to add.
- After it appears on your homesreen, resize it to the way it looks in the video.
- Add both the .uzips provided.
- Hold down on the skin, then tap the skin, this will allow for complete resizing and moving of the skin.
- You might have to re-position the skin’s objects, see the link below for more info on moving objects as well as general UCCW tips.
- Turn Hotspots mode ON to prevent opening the editor each time.
Remember to disable swiping in your SS Launcher preferences if you want.