This retro-inspired homescreen really shows you how to transform your Android into something from the 50′s era. With it’s 3 screens, it gives you all the info you need, weather, news feed, music player as well as shortcuts to all your favourite apps.
Part 1: Before you begin
Part 2: Nova Settings
- Desktop Grid: 16×7 (Try 10×7 for other phones, see video on how to get large grid size)
- Width Margin: None
- Height Margin: Medium (change if widgets don’t fit)
- Disable: Shadows, Label Icons
- Homesceens: 3
- Wallpaper Scrolling: ON
- Advanced: Enable: Widget Overlap, Overlap when placing
- Enable Dock: Disabled (Enable to get widgets to fit better if needed)
Look and Feel
- Show notification bar: Disabled
Gestures and Buttons
- Apply any if needed.
Part 3: Wallpaper Setup
1. Make sure Wallpaper Scrolling is ON.
2. Hold down on the homescreen – Wallpaper – Live Wallpaper – MultiPic Live Wallpaper.
3. Add 3 individual screens.
4. For screen 1 settings – Picture Source – Single – Select the first wallpaper (with the the news reader block.
5. Change Crop/Resize Ratio to “Show Entire Picture”, or “Fit to fullscreen”, whichever works best for your phone.
6. Repeat for all 3 screens, changing wallpaper for each screen.
7. Disable shadows.
8. Go Back – Set Wallpaper.
Part 4: UCCW
To add the skins:
- First copy the .uccw files into the /sdcard/UltimateCustomClock folder, as well as the fonts into your /sdcard/fonts folder, create it if it’s not there.
- Hold down on the homescreen – New Widget – UCCW – any size.
- In the main menu after tapping the widget, scroll down where all the skins are located, find one that you want to add
- After it appears on your homesreen, position/resize it to the way it looks in the video.
- Add all the skins provided
- You might have to re-position the skin’s objects, see the link below for more info on moving objects as well as general UCCW tips.
Remember: Turn Hotspots mode ON to prevent opening the editor each time.
Part 5: Icon Setup
- To add the app drawer icon – Hold down on the homescreen – Apex Action – App drawer.
- To add any app icon – Simply open up the app drawer – Drag the app onto the screen.
- To make the icon transparent – Hold down on the icon – Edit – Select the image – Select Picture – Change it to a blank.png.
- Desktop VisualizeR: To create a desktop visualizer widget hold down on the homescreen – desktop visualizer – any size – place it over the gallery picture and resize. Tap the widget- select icon – blank.png, select action- gallery. Take off touch effect if desired then press ok.
- If you want to change any of these icons, you can use the blank wallpaper and place the icons using photoshop.
Part 6: Other Widgets
- Feedly – Add a 4×2 size over the white block (change grid size/enable dock/change height margins in order to get the best fit).
- Widgetsoid: Add a 3×1 switcher – Add the music toggles shown – make the background transparent – take off dividers and indicator.