Functional yet super modern describe this screen. It comes with everything: weather, battery, and agenda info all neatly packaged on 1 screen. This coupled with useful side shortcuts make this a powerful but beautiful homescreen.
Part 1: Before you begin
Part 2: Nova Settings
Desktop Grid: 11×10 (or whatever suits you best, as shown in the video)
Width Margin: None
Height Margin: None
Disable: Shadows, Label Icons
Advanced: Enable: Widget Overlap
Enable Dock: Disabled
Look and Feel
Show notification bar: Disabled
Gestures and Buttons
Apply any if needed.
Part 3: Wallpaper Setup
- For phones that don’t have softkeys at the bottom:
Hold down on your homescreen – Wallpapers – Gallery – Find the Wallpaper and select it.
- For the Nexus 4 (non-rooted):
Hold down on your homescreen – Wallpapers – Gallery – Use the provided Nexus 4 Wallpaper and use it.
Part 4: UCCW
To add the skins:
- Hold down on the homescreen – Widget – UCCW – any size.
- In the main menu after tapping the widget, select “Open uzip”, now just find where you pasted the folder and look for the skin you want to add.
- After it appears on your homesreen, resize it to the way it looks in the video.
- You can now edit the hotspots (allows you to open apps when tapping a certain area) in this skin, by tapping the skin to open it.
- Then select ‘Hotspots’ in ‘Select Object’, followed by editing your needed hotspots.
- If you would like to know more about hotspots, see the link below.
- Finally tap any UCCW skin, Menu – Hotspots Mode – On.
Remember: Turn Hotspots mode ON to prevent opening the editor each time.
Part 5: Icon Setup
- To add the app drawer icon – Hold down on the homescreen – Nova Action – App drawer.
- To add any app icon – Simply open up the app drawer – Drag the app onto the screen.
- To make the icon transparent – Hold down on the icon – Edit – Select the image – Select Picture – Change it to a blank.png.
- Desktop VisualizeR: To create a desktop visualizer widget hold down on the homescreen – desktop visualizer – any size – place it over the gallery picture and resize. Tap the widget- select icon – blank.png, select action – gallery. Take off touch effect if desired then press ok.
Part 6: Folder setup
- Many ways of doing this, either add apps like in the previous step or just drag from your app drawer, placing all your icons on top of each other will create a folder.
- Change the folder icon the same way as you would an app icon.
- Do this for each folder name.
- You can also use Simi Folder which is a great folder app.