This extremely functional screen truly gives a unique and organised view, with all the shortcuts you could possibly need. The author also gives you a choice of a few colors for the background, adding a great customization factor. This screen also comes with your frequent contact, calendar and weather.
Part 1: Before you begin
Part 2: Nova Settings
Desktop Grid: 12×8 (or whatever suits you best, as shown in the video)
Width Margin: None
Height Margin: None
Disable: Shadows, Label Icons
Advanced: Enable: Widget Overlap
Enable Dock: Disabled
Look and Feel
Show notification bar: Disabled
Gestures and Buttons
Apply any if needed.
Part 3: Wallpaper Setup
- For phones that don’t have softkeys at the bottom:
Hold down on your homescreen – Wallpapers – Gallery – Find the Wallpaper and select it.
- For the Nexus 4 (non-rooted):
Hold down on your homescreen – Wallpapers – Gallery – Use the provided Nexus 4 Wallpaper and use it.
Part 4: UCCW
To add the skins:
- Hold down on the homescreen – Widget – UCCW – any size.
- In the main menu after tapping the widget, select “Open uzip”, now just find where you pasted the folder and look for the skin you want to add.
- After it appears on your homesreen, resize it to the way it looks in the video.
- You can now edit the hotspots (allows you to open apps when tapping a certain area) in this skin, by tapping the skin to open it.
- Then select ‘Hotspots’ in ‘Select Object’, followed by editing your needed hotspots.
- If you would like to know more about hotspots, see the link below.
- Finally tap any UCCW skin, Menu – Hotspots Mode – On.
Remember: Turn Hotspots mode ON to prevent opening the editor each time.
Part 5: Calendar & Weather widget setup
- Simple Calendar Widget: Main factors is removing the separator line and making the background transparent.
- Fancy Widgets: Remember to add a 2×1 widget, as well as getting the pro version in order to get more weather icons.
Part 6: Icon Setup
- To add the app drawer icon – Hold down on the homescreen – Nova Action – App drawer.
- To add any app icon – Simply open up the app drawer – Drag the app onto the screen.
- To make the icon transparent – Hold down on the icon – Edit – Select the image – Select Picture – Change it to a blank.png.
- Desktop VisualizeR: To create a desktop visualizer widget hold down on the homescreen – desktop visualizer – any size – place it over the gallery picture and resize. Tap the widget- select icon – blank.png, select action – gallery. Take off touch effect if desired then press ok.