Send your Android back into the 90′s with this retro homescreen. This 2-screen setup has its first screen giving you a LCD-designed notification widget with icons underneath it. The 2nd screen comes with a unique LCD toggle widget with all your important apps around it.
Part 1: Before you begin
These are the apps you will need:
Part 2: SS Launcher Setup
Now you can do this with either Nova/Apex or Holo Launcher, but it is a lot easier with SS Launcher. Also this screen was designed for the paid version (The Original) as some parts and options can’t be chosen with the free version.
1. Drag all the widgets into the ‘trash bin’ at the top.
2. Go into the Menu – Preferences.
3. Enable Full Screen, Disable Scroll Wallpaper, Go back
4. Go into Menu – Theme – Label.
5. Enable Hide Labels, Apply Changes.
Or using Nova/Apex:
• Grid Size 6×5
• 2 screens
• Hide notification bar
• Hide icon labels
• Enable Dock
• Horizontal / Vertical margins none
• Resize any widget
• Overlapping widget
Part 3: Wallpaper Setup
Simple use the one that is provided for your phone. If it doesn’t too well, try apps such as Wallpaper Wizardrii, Multipicture live Wallpaper or even Photo Editor.
Part 4: UCCW
To add the skins:
- Hold down on the homescreen – Widget – UCCW – any size.
- In the main menu after tapping the widget, select “Open uzip”, now just find where you pasted the folder and look for the skin you want to add.
- After it appears on your homesreen, resize it to the way it looks in the video.
- You can now edit the hotspots (allows you to open apps when tapping a certain area) in this skin, by tapping the skin to open it.
- Then select ‘Hotspots’ in ‘Select Object’, followed by editing your needed hotspots.
- If you would like to know more about hotspots, see the link below.
- Finally tap any UCCW skin, Menu – Hotspots Mode – On.
Note: To change szerda (Day of the week), open the editor (make sure hotspots mode is off) then select object – day of the week. Then swipe the controls at the bottom until you get to format, which you must change from custom to Full.
Part 5: Elixir 2 Widget
Remember to add a 3×1 size.
Please Note: the backup only restores the toggles, not the icons. To change the icons, simply tap the Play Icon, customize icons. Then you just got to change each one of the icons that have been provided. It’s quite easy to change and only takes a few minutes